Multi-Engine Class Rating
Multi-engine class rating - (mea)
A Multi-Engine Class Rating (MEA) allows you to fly a multi-engine aeroplane.
A minimum of a PPL(A) or CPL(A) is required to begin this course. You will need to complete our course of training before you can sit the flight test.
Multi-Engine Class Rating (MEA) - 6.5 hours + flight test
- 1 week (approx) full time.
- Comfortable, modern and industry relevant aircraft - our Piper PA34 Seneca V.
- Students may be eligible to transfer from another multi-engine class rating course to complete their training with us. Please get in touch to discuss your options.
You will need to obtain the following in order to gain your licence. Information on these, and how to complete your applications is available with our course information package.
- Private Pilot Licence PPL(A) or Commercial Pilot Licence CPL(A)
- Class 1 or 2 Medical Certificate
- Aviation Security ID Card (ASIC)
Previous flying experience, in some cases, will allow for a reduction in the amount of flying hours you will need to complete toward your multi-engine class rating. Please get in touch to discuss your options.
There is no formal CASA exam required for the grant of a multi-engine class rating. You will to complete a multi-engine piston aeroplane endorsement paper through Townsville Flight Training.
There are a variety of employment options available to a commercial, instrument rated pilot;
- Charter (Passenger, Freight, Mail runs etc.)
- Coastwatch/Border Surveillance
- Corporate Charter
- Emergency Medical Services
Approximate cost for flight training = $4,500. Get in touch for the full Schedule of Fees.
Click here for course dates.
If you would like more information about our courses, and information on how to enrol, please fill out our enquiry form and we will get in touch with more information about the course. Alternatively, please give the office a call on 07 4772 4997 to discuss any of your training questions!