Private Pilot Licence
Private Aeroplane Pilots Licence - PPL (A)
A Private aeroplane licence allows you to fly your friends and family around in an aeroplane anywhere in Australia.
Main Requirements for Private Licence
- Minimum 40 hours practical training
- 1 theory exam covering all 7 subjects (conducted at our Townsville base)
- Flight test with testing officer
- Class 2 medical
- Aviation Security Identification Card
Approximate Total Cost = $26,000 - $30,000 based on minimum hours flown
Private Licence Theory
To obtain a private aeroplane licence, you must complete 1 theory subject. This subject contains topics from the list below:
- Human Factors
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Operations Performance and Planning
- Air Law
There are two main options for you when it comes to the theory aspect of your licence
- If you are lucky enough to be the kind of person who is self-motivated, then self-study may suit you.
- Alternatively, you may be more suited to learning in a classroom situation. This option will allow you to be able to learn in a classroom type atmosphere. We offer on-site private theory support where you can study in a classroom environment and have all information needed on-site also with the support of our experienced instructors for questions and white board briefings to help you understand. Any upcoming theory course dates can be found here.